Friday, July 13, 2012

busy hands

In between numerous out of town trips this past month-I've managed to make some good progress on a few items-looking forward to wrapping up on these babies--seeing the end product is my favorite part! 


Everything is coming together for this bobbin lamp.  I am continually amazed at how the random bits and pieces that I collect come together as if they were meant for each other--it's a bit freaky really...


After designing my entertainment center with the lath clad doors-I am hooked-I LOVE the beauty of this old wood-thinking about the contrast of this wood against the sparkle of the mirror that I will be adding to these frames makes me awfully giddy.


Ok, ok, I know what you're thinking, but really, I think this is going to be a pretty awesome lamp in the end.  It's not quote done yet, but I'm going to be casting this in aluminum in a couple weeks and pairing it will some found copper tubing and other "objects"


Found some gorgeous corduroy pants last week for uphostering my window seat bench, these colors make me so happy! 

Signs of a day well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment